Monday, August 29, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies are so yummy!

I scoured the web looking for a pumpkin cookie recipe and found this one.  Granted, I did make a few changes to the original recipe.  I used pumpkin pie spice instead of the nutmeg and cinnamon.  I also didn't use the glaze.  I made cream cheese icing.  The recipe for homemade cream cheese icing is super easy and I will put it after the cookie recipe!

Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Cookies

2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter (1 stick) Softened
1 cup Canned Packed Pumpkin
1 large egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Preheat ove to 350 degrees F.

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.  In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar.  Add in the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.  Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.  Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheets.

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are firm.

This is the website where I got the recipe in case you want to try out the glaze!!!!  http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1910,139160-225202,00.html



Cream Cheese Icing

1 block cream cheese softened
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1tsp vanilla extract


Fall is by far my favorite time of year for baking... expect more recipes to come your way!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment