Monday, August 29, 2011

Easy Dip Recipe

This dip was ridiculously easy to make.  I ate almost all of it within 4 days.  Don't judge me people!  Okay so here is what you need to make this tasty little snack!

Black Widow Dip

1 package (8oz.) cream cheese cubed
1 cup chopped roasted sweet peppers
2 tbsp minced fresh basil or 2 tsp dried
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 to 2 tbsp lime juice
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper

In a food processor, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until blended.  Serve with pita chips or vegetable.  

So, as always, I improvised because I didn't have all of the ingredients in my house.  I used lemon juice instead of lime and I used dried garlic powder insted of the garlic clove.  I mostly do the powder because I really hate the way my hands smell after handling garlic!  Oh, and I don't have a food processor, so I used my blender and it worked just fine thank you very much.

This recipe came from Taste of Home Ultimate Halloween 2010 magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Yipppeee! A blog by my seeeeester!!! :) AND it's about FOOD! What's not to love!?!?!

    ReplyDelete