Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes/Muffins

I found this recipe on another blog and for the life of me, I can't remember which one.  I think that I have probably tried at least 20 different recipes for pumpkin muffins and cupcakes.  This recipe is by far my absolute favorite.  I try not to make them too much because the husband doesn't like pumpkin and I end up eating a dozen cupcakes/muffins all by myself.  My thighs don't appreciate it!  These little treats are really fluffy and light and ever so yummy.

Pumpkin Muffins/Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
pinch salt
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
splash of vanilla extract

  1. Combine all of the dry ingredients.  Sift them together until they are well mixed.  I use a whisk and it works just as well as breaking out a sifter.
  2. Slowly mix in the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and oil.  Mix all of the ingredients until they are well blended and smooth.
  3. Fill each cup in a cupcake pan 3/4 full.  To avoid a big mess, I always use the little cupcake paper cups.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.  A toothpick should come out clean when they are done.


Now if I am making them muffins I put this topping on while they are baking:

Muffin Topping

1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon

  1. Mix the two ingredients together until they are well blended.
  2. Sprinkly on top of each uncooked cupcake.

If I am making them cupcakes I add cream cheese icing after the little morsels have cooled off.  Here is the homemade cream cheese icing recipe:

Cream Cheese Icing

1 stick softened cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla

  1. Mix all of the ingredients together.  If you prefer a strong vanilla taste add more vanilla.  Likewise, if you prefer no vanilla, you don't have to add any!
  2. Ice your cupcakes and pig out!

No comments:

Post a Comment