Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Seeester's Zucchini Bread Recipe

I went in search of a zucchini bread recipe yesterday.  I have never had it before and I thought that I really needed to use up the gigantic zucchini in my refrigerator.  Thus, I posted on facebook my intentions to embark on this bread baking journey.  My lovely sister gave me the following recipe which is truly quite tasty.  My kid even likes it miraculously!  In giving me the recipe, my sister decided to clarify that the zucchini needed to be shredded.  I suppose once upon a time I might have plopped the whole zucchini in the middle of the loaf.... but not these days sister!  I got this! 

Zucchini Bread

3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini

  1. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl until they are well mixed.
  2. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, cinnamon, oil, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
  3. Fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture until well mixed.  Add in the zucchini last.  I mix it up with my hands, but if you prefer to be less messy, you can always use a spatula.
  4. Separate batter into two greased loaf pans.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-60 minutes.

This makes a whole lotta zucchini bread by the by.  So prepare yourself to be eating bread for a while unless you are having some bread or zucchini loving company!


1 comment:

  1. Yessssss!!!! So glad you liked it! Btw- sometimes I sprinkle walnuts or pecans & granulated sugar on top & it makes this yummy crispy crust when cooked. Mmmm. I am salivating! :)

    ReplyDelete